Monday, January 4, 2010

Withdrawal

AAAAAAAAAahahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa
Whew...glad I got that out of my system. It's almost 3:00 and I'm still in my pajamas because I am suffering withdrawal? I know you're thinking...what is it? Is it the demon booze, horse, meth? No, it's a million times worse. I am in withdrawal from my blackberry (For you literal people...the million times worse was a joke...I do not think that withdrawal from any addicting substance is easy or fun). My Blackberry went on a trip without me that has become extended. (I know you are iphone people are turning your nose up at me now and believe me I would have loved me an iphone. However, AT&T coverage is so scattered where I live that I could not justify spending the money on a phone that I could only use if I stood on my roof, balanced on one leg with a coat hanger in my mouth with the phone hoisted up in the air like the statue of liberty with her torch). My sister lives in Louisiana. She brought her kids up to stay with my parents for Christmas with plans to pick them up this past weekend. She was driving through Alabama and her car broke down and of course it being New Year's weekend no mechanics were available. So my Mom and Dad volunteer to drive down to Alabama (we are in Indiana, by the way) and pick my sister up and take her and the kids back home to Louisiana while her husband gets the car fixed. Well it just so happens that my parents cell phone had just bit the bucket so I volunteered mine thinking it would be home by tonight. But no, my sister's husband cannot move the car (something about the warranty) and so my parents had to drive back to Alabama and take him back to Louisiana so now my phone won't be home until late Tuesday or even worse, early Wednesday.
As I know most of you don't know me so you won't know that my phone goes with me everywhere. What would I do if I was in the middle of a random step and couldn't check my twitter or e-mail or facebook? Now I find myself wandering around the house aimlessly looking at my left hand like it holds the secrets of the world. It used to, now it's just a sweaty palm.

No comments:

Post a Comment